Recent job listings, testimonials, and 100th Kiva loan
~ 10 September 2009 ~
If there’s one thing I enjoy most about running Authentic Jobs, it’s hearing positive feedback from customers. Not every employer finds the right candidate, mind you — that’s why the money-back guarantee in place. But many do. Here are a few recent testimonials.
Matt Wigham, founder of Big Cartel:
Authentic Jobs helped us reach the exact type of people we were interested in, and ultimately landed us the designer we were looking for.
Coincidentally, I use Big Cartel for my letterpress posters shop. I’ve tried several e-store vendors over the years, and none compare to the simplicity and beauty of Big Cartel.
Shane Atlas is Chief Operating Officer of BestBuys.com, in business since 1994 and not affiliated with U.S. retailer Best Buy. Shane had this to say about his listing:
After using several popular freelance services for years and never finding a team or individual that met my needs, I was referred to authenticjobs and decided to give it a try. Within a week I had quality applications from more developers than I had ever found and I was able to put together an incredible team. In fact, I got so many GREAT applicants that I may never need to look for a developer again! Thanks!
Repeat customer Matt Weinberg of Vector Media Group offered these remarks:
This was another great Authentic Jobs experience (my third). In fact, it went so well that I pulled it down after about a week. We’ve gotten a ton of qualified applicants— in fact, more than we can handle. They are certainly professional, and we’re now figuring out which one of our two favorites we’re going to end up going with. Thanks again for the more-than-fair pricing, and the nice-to-have but never needed satisfaction guarantee.
For those of you seeking jobs, some recent listings are highlighted below.
- West Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Ruby Developer at Tricycle Developments
- Montreal, QC, Canada Marketing / Visual Designer at Xsilva Systems Inc.
- Mississauga, ON, Canada Web Designer at Mosaic Sales Solutions Canada
- Oxford, United Kingdom Rails Developer for math-based comparison engine at Optimor
- Los Angeles, CA Web Designer at Investor’s Business Daily
- Santa Monica, CA Software Developer (Ruby on Rails) at TutorSource
- San Francisco, CA UI Designer at Zendesk
- San Francisco, CA Front-end Developer at Zendesk
- Boulder, CO Web Developers at Wall Street On Demand
- Boulder, CO Junior Web Developers at Wall Street On Demand
- Lansing, MI Web Developer/Designer at Center for Educational Networking
- Kansas City, MO Flash & Web Developer at Andrews McMeel Universal
- New York, NY CSS Developer, contractor-only at Daylife
- New York, NY UI Engineer at Meetup.com
- New York, NY Web Designer - Flash & Web Standards Expert at New York Times
- Columbia, SC Web Designer at South Carolina Interactive
- Redmond, WA Designer at msnbc.com
- Seattle, WA Senior Front End Web Developer at Starbucks Coffee Company
- Arlington, VA Front-end Web Designer at Symplicity Corporation
- Experienced Blog writer for WebdesignerDepot.com at Webdesigner Depot
- Senior ActionScript Developer at StyleFeeder
- Front End CSS & XHTML Freelancer at Tangible
- ActionScript and Front-End Developer (Freelance, On-site) at Magnani Caruso Dutton
- Experienced Web Developer (Onsite/Freelance) at Magnani Caruso Dutton
Finally, as of today we surpass a milestone worth celebrating: We’ve helped our 100th entrepreneur in a developing country by contributing to a microloan through Kiva. The 100th loan goes to Aimshigguibaatar Shirzagd of Mongolia, who runs a small iron production business. Using 1% of our monthly revenue to fund these loans, we have contributed to 104 loans around the globe. Please join our lending team if you’d like to contribute as little as $25 USD.
Best wishes to Aimshigguibaatar, the rest of our Kiva entrepreneurs, and to each of you seeking job candidates or hoping to find a job.
Comments are either closed or disabled for this article.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Recent job listings, testimonials, and 100th Kiva loan
- The ISO50 Field Guide to Color Management
- Upgrading the hard drive and memory in a refurbished 13" MacBook Pro
- Inspiring type: Libro di M. Giovambattista Palatino
- Randomness, vol. IX
CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standard Solutions A solid round-up of indispensable CSS design techniques by Andy Budd, Simon Collison, and Cameron Moll.
Mobile Web Design A guide to publishing web content beyond the desktop. Tips, methodology, and resources. Now available.
Letterpress Posters The unassuming beauty of a freshly letterpressed print.
That Wicked Worn Look. Techniques for that worn, aged, distressed look.
Mister Retro Machine Wash Filters Turn the dial to “Instaworn” with these filters.
Blinksale Dive in and enjoy shamelessly easy invoicing from Firewheel Design.
Basecamp My preferred web app for internal and client project collaboration.
HOW Conference Austin, June 24–27. Pentagram, Adobe, P&G, et al.
Web Design World Seattle, July 20–22. Practical sessions on web design.
Stimulate Salt Lake City, September 2009. Entrepreneurship and design conference.