Recent job listings (and job search data)
~ 25 February 2009 ~
I was reviewing analytics data for Authentic Jobs this morning, and some figures emerged that are remarkable, but also somewhat unsurprising:
- For the same monthly period one year ago, visits to the site have increased by 45.9% and average time on the site has increased by 22.9%.
- For the same annual period one year ago (technically two years ago), visits to the site have increased by 76.0% and average time on the site has decreased by 5.1%.
I say somewhat unsurprising because given the current economic climate, one can assume traffic to online job boards has increased in the last 6-12 months. Indeed, a recent report from comScore confirms this assumption: Job search ranked as the fastest growing U.S. online category in 2008. Had comScore’s study included other countries, the same trend would likely have emerged.
Of course, Authentic Jobs welcomes any and all increases in traffic, and the site will continue to connect talented creative and web professionals with great work opportunities — as it’s been doing for nearly four years strong.
Some recent listings are highlighted below.
- Auburn, AL Front-end Web Developer at Politics4All
- Cupertino, CA Sr. Web UI Engineer at Apple Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA Flash Developer at HUGE
- Palo Alto, CA Product Designer at Facebook
- Golden, CO - Anywhere - Work Remotely Gifted Web Developer at RocketTheme, LLC
- Washington, DC Production Specialist (Web/Multimedia) at AAAS
- Lewes, Delaware Senior Web Designer at DecalGirl
- West Springfield, MA Web Marketing Manager at Aspen Square Management
- Lincoln, NE Interactive Operations Manager at Swanson Russell
- New York, NY Web Designer at Six Apart Inc.
- Eugene, OR Sr. Developer, Back-End at GarageGames
- Philadelphia Web Designer at Happy Cog Philadelphia
- Alexandria, VA Senior Frontend Web Developer at MPRI
- Anywhere Interaction designer at Sideshow
- Anywhere Senior Designer Needed for Product Incubator at Jason Reed Web Design
- New York, NY E-Commerce Web Designer at Bonobos
Post a job or find one at Authentic Jobs.
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Recent job listings, testimonials, and 100th Kiva loan
- The ISO50 Field Guide to Color Management
- Upgrading the hard drive and memory in a refurbished 13" MacBook Pro
- Inspiring type: Libro di M. Giovambattista Palatino
- Randomness, vol. IX
CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standard Solutions A solid round-up of indispensable CSS design techniques by Andy Budd, Simon Collison, and Cameron Moll.
Mobile Web Design A guide to publishing web content beyond the desktop. Tips, methodology, and resources. Now available.
Letterpress Posters The unassuming beauty of a freshly letterpressed print.
That Wicked Worn Look. Techniques for that worn, aged, distressed look.
Mister Retro Machine Wash Filters Turn the dial to “Instaworn” with these filters.
Blinksale Dive in and enjoy shamelessly easy invoicing from Firewheel Design.
Basecamp My preferred web app for internal and client project collaboration.
HOW Conference Austin, June 24–27. Pentagram, Adobe, P&G, et al.
Web Design World Seattle, July 20–22. Practical sessions on web design.
Stimulate Salt Lake City, September 2009. Entrepreneurship and design conference.