Job description interestingness at Authentic Jobs
~ 11 December 2008 ~
I’ve plumbed through most of the listings currently on Authentic Jobs and have made note below of some of the interesting job descriptions, perk benefits, and stuff I personally find appealing.
But before that, another great testimonial. Dave Greiner, co-founder of Sydney-based Freshview, finally filled a position for the (pure awesomeness) Campaign Monitor email marketing app using Authentic Jobs:
After 6 months and finally accepting that we’d probably never fill the position, we decided to give Authentic Jobs a go. Within 2 short days we found the amazing interface designer we’d been searching for. We just relocated him to Sydney and couldn’t be happier.
Congrats to Dave and the Utah-based-soon-to-be-Aussie individual who filled the position. (I don’t know this individual, but Dave tells me he’s from Utah.)
- QS Quacquarelli Symonds is looking for a PHP5 Web Developer in London who will use Zend Framework to develop new applications. Starting salary is £22-30K.
- This is really cool. U.S.-based Virginia Commonwealth University needs a Web Developer who will live and work in Doha, Qatar among six other highly ranked American Universities located together in a dynamic community called Education City. (I had to look this up: Qatar is an Arab emirate in Southwest Asia, bordered by Saudi Arabia to the south.)
- Playfire.com, a gaming social networking startup in Soho, London, is seeking a Front-end Web Developer who will help build “the next big thing for millions of gamers around the world” as employee #7.
- Chicago-based CashNetUSA, which offers online payday loans (and whose business is likely to be very sustainable during the downturn), believes great individuals are “300 times more productive than average” individuals. They’re seeking an above-average Web Designer / Front- end Developer.
- TMX Interactive, who bill themselves as a “hybrid agency” offering technology, marketing, and creative services, needs a Front End Developer in Conshohocken (pronounced just like it’s spelled), Pennsylvania. Position is alongside the same developer who helped build Authentic Jobs.
- Southwest Florida Water Management District needs a Web Developer who embraces “the ‘getting real’ philosophy by 37signals.”
- And despite the downturn in the housing market, Florida Association of Realtors needs a Senior Web Designer to oversee the design and production of online media — websites, e-mail newsletters, audio/video, and blogs.
- Urban Outfitters, whose Electric Paper Airplane Launcher rocks, is looking for a Flash Developer in Philadelphia to oversee projects from start to finish for Anthropologie.com.
- Clorox Creative Services, located in a town I visited frequently growing up (Oakland, California), is seeking a contract Web Designer to apply his or her unbridled awesomeness to the 35 products Clorox produces: laundry, cleaning, automotive, water filtration, cat litter, food, personal products and more. No monotony here.
- RentJuice (love the name) is a pre-launch Internet company providing a platform for the apartment rental process. They need a Senior front-end designer/developer in San Francisco. The lucky hire will receive valuable seed stage equity package and competitive salary + benefits.
Plenty more interestingness (and job opportunities) at Authentic Jobs.
Comments are either closed or disabled for this article.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Recent job listings, testimonials, and 100th Kiva loan
- The ISO50 Field Guide to Color Management
- Upgrading the hard drive and memory in a refurbished 13" MacBook Pro
- Inspiring type: Libro di M. Giovambattista Palatino
- Randomness, vol. IX
CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standard Solutions A solid round-up of indispensable CSS design techniques by Andy Budd, Simon Collison, and Cameron Moll.
Mobile Web Design A guide to publishing web content beyond the desktop. Tips, methodology, and resources. Now available.
Letterpress Posters The unassuming beauty of a freshly letterpressed print.
That Wicked Worn Look. Techniques for that worn, aged, distressed look.
Mister Retro Machine Wash Filters Turn the dial to “Instaworn” with these filters.
Blinksale Dive in and enjoy shamelessly easy invoicing from Firewheel Design.
Basecamp My preferred web app for internal and client project collaboration.
HOW Conference Austin, June 24–27. Pentagram, Adobe, P&G, et al.
Web Design World Seattle, July 20–22. Practical sessions on web design.
Stimulate Salt Lake City, September 2009. Entrepreneurship and design conference.