Authentic Jobs donates 1% through Kiva.org
~ 09 July 2008 ~
Since March 2008, Authentic Jobs, Inc. has donated 1% of its total revenue to entrepreneurs through Kiva, which facilitates microloans to business owners in developing countries. Because Authentic Jobs offers job opportunities for individuals throughout the world, it’s only fitting that the company extend its purpose by helping entrepreneurs throughout the world.
As shown on the Authentic Jobs lender page, so far this effort has amounted to 17 loans to male and female entrepreneurs in 13 countries. I’m committed to seeing the company donate long into the future.
Some recent listings and testimonials from Authentic Jobs are highlighted below.
- Toronto, ON Web Designer at The Globe and Mail
- London, UK Front-end Developer at Macmillan Publishers
- London, UK Client-side developer at Airlock
- Tucson, AZ Applications Systems Analyst (Web Designer) at The University of Arizona Libraries
- Los Angeles, CA Sr/Mid-Level Flash Developer at 65 Media
- San Francisco, CA UI Designer at iList, Inc.
- Washington, DC Interactive / Web Designer at Illumen
- Boise, Idaho Front End Web Developer at Access Idaho / Idaho.gov
- Chicago, IL Interactive Designer at 4SIGHT Communications LLC
- Waltham, MA GUI/Web User Interface Designer at D2Hawkeye
- New York City Senior Designer at Thumbplay
- New York, NY Graphic/Web Designer at Indaba Music
- New York, NY Client-side UI Engineer at GoCrossCampus
- Henderson, NV User Interface Designer at VEGAS.com
- Conshohocken, PA Sr Front End Developer at TMX Communications
- Conshohocken, PA User Experience Architect at TMX Communications
- Houston, TX Senior Web Designer at Bishop Interactive
- Anywhere .NET C# Web Programmer at MWI
- London, UK God-like back end developer at Thisadwillchangeyourlife.com
- New York City Senior Flash ActionScript Developer (Flex Experienced a Plus) at Magnani Caruso Dutton
Employers continue to find success with Authentic Jobs. Shannon Peterson of Shelf Reliance posted a full-time job and sent these remarks:
We got some very viable candidates! We didn’t end up hiring from the replies from Authentic Jobs, but we were impressed with the resumes we got. In the end, we are glad we used your service.
Alec Rosen of Option4 Interactive posted a freelance job and offered this feedback:
We got excellent results and I do have enough contacts to build the entire web 3.0.
Post a job or find one at Authentic Jobs.
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only:
- Recent job listings, testimonials, and 100th Kiva loan
- The ISO50 Field Guide to Color Management
- Upgrading the hard drive and memory in a refurbished 13" MacBook Pro
- Inspiring type: Libro di M. Giovambattista Palatino
- Randomness, vol. IX
CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standard Solutions A solid round-up of indispensable CSS design techniques by Andy Budd, Simon Collison, and Cameron Moll.
Mobile Web Design A guide to publishing web content beyond the desktop. Tips, methodology, and resources. Now available.
Letterpress Posters The unassuming beauty of a freshly letterpressed print.
That Wicked Worn Look. Techniques for that worn, aged, distressed look.
Mister Retro Machine Wash Filters Turn the dial to “Instaworn” with these filters.
Blinksale Dive in and enjoy shamelessly easy invoicing from Firewheel Design.
Basecamp My preferred web app for internal and client project collaboration.
HOW Conference Austin, June 24–27. Pentagram, Adobe, P&G, et al.
Web Design World Seattle, July 20–22. Practical sessions on web design.
Stimulate Salt Lake City, September 2009. Entrepreneurship and design conference.