Recent job listings + “Job Perks” feature
~ 03 September 2007 ~
Shane Lennon, SVP, Strategy & Marketing at GyPSii, posted a freelance listing at Authentic Jobs recently and within a few days was all set:
We have gotten over 20+ responses and more than enough capable candidates. Great site and very impressed with the broad range of skills and expertise from people who applied.
Full-time job listings continue to prove successful for employers, but the responses are typically less in number and take longer than freelance listings to accumlate, given the tight job market we’re in with record unemployment lows in the industry. This is because the candidate you want is likely already employed happily elsewhere. In talking with employers who’ve used other job sites, it’s apparent this is the norm across the board.
To address this, a few weeks ago we rolled out a new feature called Job Perks:
Job Perks is a simple feature that provides employers with an additional field to really sell their position (and company). If I could, I’d encourage every employer to post their listing like this one. Alas, I believe being forthright about the benefits of the opportunity is the next best thing.
Naturally, employers could include perks in the description about the position, but few do. Job Perks gives them an explicit reason to do so. (Incidentally, fellow job site provider 37signals wrote about writing better help wanted ads just last week.)
Enough talk. Some recent listings are highlighted below.
- London, UK Interaction Developer at Addison Corporate Marketing
- Anywhere Talented CSS Web Designer at RocketTheme
- Cupertino, CA Senior Visual Designer, Pro Applications at Apple Inc.
- San Francisco, CA Senior User Interface/Experience Designer at Big Tent Design
- Tallahassee, FL Web Developer/Programmer at Taproot Creative
- Ithaca, NY Interface Designer / Front End Developer at Cornell University
- New York, NY Front-end Designer / Developer at Boom Design Group
- New York, NY Amazing User Interface Designer / Engineer at First Look
- Greenville, SC Interactiv Designer / Art Director at Erwin-Penland Interactiv
- Greenville, SC PHP Developer at Erwin-Penland Interactiv
- Flash Developer at Estee Lauder Online
- Flash Component Developer at Web Media
- ASP Developer at newmediablends.com
- Drupal Developer at Sideshow
- Web designer at dietOut
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only: