Notable recent job listings
~ 23 December 2009 ~
Consider this the Merry Christmas edition. I’ve combed through the listings on Authentic Jobs and have hand-selected several listings below. Best wishes if you’re looking for work over the holidays or thinking about changing employment.
- GOOD is such a misnomer for a website with GREAT content and design. GOOD is looking for a Lead Web/Interaction Designer in the Los Angeles area.
- This is a killer opportunity to work with an incredible team, led by the venerable Greg Storey (West Coast team). Happy Cog West is looking for a fantastic Lead Project Manager. “You should live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and you will ideally work out of our digs in Emeryville.”
- Work from anywhere as a Ruby on Rails Developer at Indie Labs LLC, proprietors of the ever-awesome Big Cartel.
- I’d not heard of Flavors.me prior to their job listing. Their app (currently in private beta) allows you to create an elegant website aggregated from things like Twitter, Flickr, etc. (Watch the video.) They’re looking for a Python / Django Expert in the New York or San Francisco areas who’s interested in equity in the company and 100% medical/dental/vision coverage.
- Superkix, a sister company to Flavors.me, is a search engine for “authentic sneakers” (nice adjective choice). They need a Ruby / Rails Expert. Same equity and healthy benefits as their sister site.
- ZURB creates some pretty impressive web stuff. They need a Designer in their Campbell, California offices.
- Beyond (love the logo) needs a Web Developer to join their studio “set in resplendent surroundings” in Maidenhead, UK. You’ll be working with LAMP and existing frameworks such as Expression Engine, Codeigniter, and Drupal.
- Hallmark Channel needs an experienced Senior Print Designer who will collaborate with the Vice President of Video/Web and Print on a variety of print projects.
- Scrapblog’s Flex-based online photo scrapbooking and printing app is stellar. I had the privilege of using the beta way back when, and they’ve continuously improved it. They need an Interaction Designer whose design and markup (XHTML/CSS/MXML) skills are as mad their “foosball and/or hackysack skillz.”
- If you’ve got a penchant for horses, you’ve probably already heard of SmartPak, “the unquestioned leader in daily dose packaging of equine drugs and nutritional products.” They’re seeking a .Net Developer in the Plymouth, Massachusetts area.
- I’ve done work for several colleges, so I know it’s not an easy challenge but it’s certainly a rewarding one. Texas A&M University needs a Web Developer to help develop and maintain the architecture, look and feel, and general elements of the site.
- How’s this for a job title? Cloud Configuration and Infrastructure Engineer needed at Geodelic Systems, Inc., a “high-energy Santa Monica based startup company working on a groundbreaking location aware iPhone App.”
- This looks like a good early-career position at a non-profit in Washington, DC. The American Institutes for Research is looking for a Web Production Associate.
- User Interface Engineer needed at Facebook. I probably needn’t say more.
Comments are either closed or disabled for this article.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only: