Ten things you may not know about me
~ 11 August 2009 ~
I know, this feels like a Facebook meme or something like that. But in the absence of having time to post something more substantial, this will have to do.
- I go in for knee surgery tomorrow, hence a large part of the reason things have been relatively silent around here. This is due to a severe injury playing soccer (football) and several weeks of physical therapy since, consuming a lot of my spare time.
- This will be surgery #5 for me, the continuation of a history of knee problems since I was 16. The most ridiculous injury so far? Dislocated my knee while throwing a snowball. Dangerous stuff, for sure.
- I loathe the rigorous process of writing, especially books. And yet, there are at least two more books I have an itch to write sometime in the next 12 months.
- I never took a formal design class in high school or college.
- I may deploy something interesting via @roma_italia later this year. Maybe, maybe not. Neener neener.
- Speaking of interesting deployments, I’m really liking SimpleBits’ Dribbble so far and I think you will too. I can’t say more than it’s an idea loosely inspired by Screen Grab Confab (for those of you who remember that).
- I often pace myself to avoid cracks and painted lines when walking. I’m not superstitious, it’s just something to keep me mentally entertained I suppose.
- I’m a pretty decent R/C pilot, but occasionally things go awry.
- I’ve got the best family ever. My four sons love playing just about any sport with me and enjoy the same hobbies, and my wife is the reason I’ve accomplished what I’ve accomplished in the last 11 years.
- I broke some rather big news to select individuals last week. I’ll share the news publicly in a few weeks.
And with that, see you in a little while.
Update: The surgery went well. Thank you for sending good thoughts my way.
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only: