Job description interestingness at Authentic Jobs
~ 28 August 2008 ~
So, this month I figured I’d do something a little different to expose some of the great job opportunities found at Authentic Jobs. I’ve plumbed through most of the listings currently on the site, and I’ve made note of some of the interesting job descriptions, perk benefits, and stuff I personally find appealing.
- Not only is it probably the best email campaign software available online, but Campaign Monitor also offers one of the most enjoyable user experiences I’ve had with any web app. They’re seeking a Web/Interface Designer in Sydney, Australia, one who’s passionate about continuing to create enjoyable user experiences.
- Quiksilver is seeking a Graphic Designer in their internet marketing department in Huntington Beach, “the largest stretch of uninterrupted beachfront on the West Coast” (H.B. City official website).
- TripAdvisor, which Suzanne and I are using to help prepare a possible trip to Europe next year, needs a Lead Web Developer in Boston.
- Located in downtown “Nashvegas”, paramore|redd needs a Designer/Developer with a sharp eye for design and the ability to code XHTML/CSS like a champ. Send portfolio work to canihazjob [at] paramoreredd.com.
- HUGE is seeking an Art Director in Los Angeles who will work hard with a great lineup of clients, and then play hard with 15 paid days off, 10 company holidays, and your birthday off.
- I’m especially fond of university websites, having designed a few myself, so it’s a pleasure for me to encourage you to head over and apply for Web Adminstrator/Developer position at New York University.
- Best Buy needs an Associate Creative Director for bestbuy.com — a pretty prominent position, IMO — for a variety of efforts: directing internal and external resources, leading brand positioning, assembling and assigning team members, and more. Position is in Richfield, Minnesota.
- Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) is looking for a Frontend Engineer with expert knowledge of CSS1 through CSS3(!), among other things.
- Chronicle Books, an independent publisher in San Francisco, is looking for an Interactive Designer with wizardry in the development of web pages, Flash promotional movies, email newsletters, banner ads, blogs, landing pages and mini-sites. (Whew!)
- Merge (Greenville, South Carolina) wants to find a Web Designer Extraordinaire with a “portfolio that would make your mother proud” and one who is competitive enough to endure the “mandatory Nintendo Wii bowling tourneys.”
- UnitOneNine needs a Rockstar Designer in Chicago, and this pretty much sums it up: “If you’re currently at a job that doesn’t have much room for freedom in design, office environment, or just being able to wake up late and come to the office when you want, contact us.”
Post a job or find one at Authentic Jobs.
Stock photography, type, and killer tees. Genuinely recommended by Authentic Boredom.
Authentic Boredom is the platitudinous web home of Cameron Moll, designer, author, and speaker. More…
Full-time and freelance job opportunities. Post a job...
A selection of fine reading, available for a limited time only: